Monday 22 October 2012

Babysitter Blues

After a rather harried week, I decided Hubby and I needed a date. I was up to my eyeballs planning and organizing fabulous events and needed a brain break.  This meant getting our two children their first non-family member sitter.

She is a lovely girl, 12 year old daughter of a very good friend. We spend loads of time together and she is really good with both kids. Besides, it was an afternoon date. What kind of trouble could they really cause, I thought.

OMG. She tried crafts (which 2yo loved), they raked leaves and played outside. Then 6.5yo decided to lock her and 2yo out of the house, he also detonated the craft box like an IED and repeatedly tried to sneak friends in the house!

I felt terrible and that the $25 we paid her was chump change. Then I looked over this web article and am planning to gas up the Delorean to go back and try again.

Don't be the babysitter's bench mark for a crap time, read this:
What You Should Read



No comments:

Post a Comment