Thursday 15 November 2012

Take Time before Time Takes

I wrote this post a few weeks ago, I just dug it out again to tweak.

Took a walk tonight with the kids after dinner. It was spontaneous and I don't think they knew what we were actually doing.

Its' strange that its October and there are still mosquitoes buzzing around, days before Halloween too!  I certainly swatted away my share tonight.

The walk was fabulous, kicking up dry, crunchy leaves and holding hands. My daughter found her share of sticks to start spontaneous sword battles with her brother. After cautioning about eyes and never watching TV again, I stood back. I watched as my tech-hungry kids, became just kids. The smiles and laughter  that sibling bond that is hard to describe and even harder to break.
There was definitely magic in the air.

 It feels like just a short time ago, my son and I were digging for worms in the yard, now at 6.5 he`s too busy riding his bike to friends houses. Soon, my little snugly 2 year old will be obsessively jumping rope and playing in some one else`s yard. My big brother did it, so did I. Will they still be able to truly act their age on a whim? Will they let me bear witness?

I know this post is short and sweet, but so is the time we get to adventure like this with our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment