Monday 26 August 2013

My blatant obsession

I was recently cleaning out my 1000+ photos on my phone. 98% were of my children doing things kids do. Swimming, eating, playing make-believe and of course, hamming it up.
However, I noticed about 1/3 of that number is of them sleeping. I mean dead to the world, drool-and- REM- sleep sleeping. 
It doesn't get much cuter than when she crawls into bed with Big Brother.
Sure I check on them before I go to sleep but for some reason I'm always snapping a picture of what I see. 
Could it be I'm not ready for them to grow up?
Fresh air wears them OUT!

I am actually looking forward to sneaking into their rooms tonight. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my kids when their eyes are open, conscious kids are awesome.
Pool fun last week.
There is just something about watching them be totally vulnerable and  peaceful that gets right to the core of me. At that moment, I want to give them the world if they would stay that way forever.
Just part of being a parent I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment